At first if you don’t succeed, try, try again and again and again?
I appreciate all of the comments and help, and I spent the morning trying them all. I froze the crayon, fail, changed the slant of the canvas, fail, and now for the fun part……the glue gun !!!
I dug out my old glue guns, one high temp, one low temp and tried to put a crayon in them. The fit was tight, but I was prepared, I had read that it would be, but what I didn’t read is that they break easily, and they did. The glue guns are loaded, crayons inserted, and I was watching them heat up, anxiously waiting to practice. As soon as I put my finger on the trigger, it shot out like a volcano, shooting melted crayon across my desk, the floor, and on to my hand-made rag rug. Funny thing is, it missed the newspaper I had layed out to carefully cover the areas around the canvas. I would normally do this type of project outside, but it was raining all day, and I really wanted to work on this. Glue gun, fail !!
My solder iron has a paddle attachment, and it is very useful when I make custom candles, so I brought that out and decided to see how the crayons would melt. I liked how easy it was to control the drips, and decided to try it. Now that I have bored everyone with details of my morning, here is the finished project.
I am looking forward to making another one, and I would like to thank Light&spoon for their post that inspired me to keep going.